Welcome to #MarioMonthlyEdit, where you (yes, you) can take a look at our current essentials. If you missed our last delivery, check it out here.
How is August already? Time flies when you have fun or whatever, but seriously, where did summer go?
We are still milking the concept of bright summer skin for as long as we can (it is practically the mantra in MB HQ all year long). To help keep the skin radiant but also reduce it, here are the essential skin care of August that we keep in rotation:
- Enzymatic cleansing gel. When in doubt, go green. This is the basic face wash for all skin types all year round, making it perfect to wear in August, when the days continue to burn, but the nights feel more like fall. Refresh alpha hydroxy acids and fruit enzymes gently exfoliate dead and dull skin cells to help rejuvenate your complexion with every cleansing.
- Cleansing cucumber lotion. Our skin has finally acclimated to the hot, crazy weather, so we are changing the special cucumber lotion for cucumber cleansing lotion. This astringent still helps to get rid of the brightness of the T zone, but it is a softer option for combined skin / fat that is relatively skin, but could use additional reinforcement.
- Exfoliating Botanical Scrub Last month was all about the glycolic scrubber, but this month we are in the exfoliating botanical scrub. Sometimes it is nice to change things a bit so that (and your skin) breathe fresh air.
- Glycolic sparkling cleaner. We not only use it on the face; we also love to use it in our bodies. Once or twice a week, we will clean the arms, back and legs (where the skin is prone to bulging or congestion) to help keep the skin clear and smooth. The shorts may disappear soon, but the shine from head to toe is still our number one priority.
- Body Lotion Formula 200. Morning showers (or impatient moisturizers) rejoice. This is a super lightweight, quick-absorbing lotion that does the job. Simply apply the back shower and you can dress without feeling sticky immediately.
- Oil Free Moisturizer SPF 30. Here is a #MBSkinTip: We store a bottle in our car, so we are reminded to (1) hydrate and (2) protect our hands before starting to drive. It is a facial moisturizer, but because of its oil-free formula, we love to use it as a sunscreen and 2-in-1 hand cream to help prevent incidental sun damage.
. . .