Are you a beauty junkie? If so, you probably have different brushes for all kinds of concealment, blending and shading. Now think about this … how often do you clean your makeup brushes thoroughly? It may seem like a pain, but washing your makeup brushes is essential because dirt, oil and bacteria can get trapped easily in the bristles. This can cause it to burst or even cause viral skin infections. Also, if you do not clean your tools regularly, you can have your makeup applied unequally. Here are some recommendations for how to clean your makeup brushes:
- Buy a brush cleaner spray daily. Spray the brushes slightly after each use to keep them clean. You can buy these wherever you buy your makeup.
- Once a week, do a deep cleaning of your makeup brushes. This will take several hours to dry, so be sure to do it after applying your makeup for the day.
- Here’s what you’ll need: a bowl, a sink, a lint-free cloth and mild enlightening shampoo or baby shampoo.
- Run your brushes under the hot water. Fill a bowl with warm water and some shampoo and swirl the brushes in it gently. Rinse again. Repeat until the makeup residue does not come out of the brush. Use the cloth to clean the brush and remodel the bristles. Place the brushes on the cloth to dry for several hours.
- If you have brushes that you have not washed for years, it may be time to just buy new and start over. Now you know the importance of clean brushes and how to clean them, you can do better with new brushes.